E Asian countries for managing S China Sea `peacefully and legally`
On Board Air India One: The South China Sea, one of the world`s major shipping highways over which China has begun to try and establish control, figured majorly at the East Asian Summit and most countries in the 18-member grouping agreed on the need to deal with it "peacefully and legally".
"With a few exceptions, most countries spoke about the need to deal with the issue peacefully," according to an official source.
Countries of the Asia Pacific have major stakes in the sea.
"All the countries were for dealing with the issue of the South China Sea, peacefully, and managing it properly," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?