E Asian countries for managing S China Sea `peacefully and legally`
On Board Air India One: The South China Sea, one of the world`s major shipping highways over which China has begun to try and establish control, figured majorly at the East Asian Summit and most countries in the 18-member grouping agreed on the need to deal with it "peacefully and legally".
"With a few exceptions, most countries spoke about the need to deal with the issue peacefully," according to an official source.
Countries of the Asia Pacific have major stakes in the sea.
"All the countries were for dealing with the issue of the South China Sea, peacefully, and managing it properly," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’