E Asian countries for managing S China Sea `peacefully and legally`
On Board Air India One: The South China Sea, one of the world`s major shipping highways over which China has begun to try and establish control, figured majorly at the East Asian Summit and most countries in the 18-member grouping agreed on the need to deal with it "peacefully and legally".
"With a few exceptions, most countries spoke about the need to deal with the issue peacefully," according to an official source.
Countries of the Asia Pacific have major stakes in the sea.
"All the countries were for dealing with the issue of the South China Sea, peacefully, and managing it properly," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- BCCI AGM on September 21; Board awaits Review Petition verdict
- Kareena Kapoor Khan to kickstart shooting for 'Veere Di Wedding'! Deets inside
- 'Mohenjo Daro' crosses Rs 100 crore-mark worldwide
- Government can't expect RBI to do everything for growth: Bank of Baroda chief
- Banned URLs: Here is the full list of the blocked websites