E Asian countries for managing S China Sea `peacefully and legally`
On Board Air India One: The South China Sea, one of the world`s major shipping highways over which China has begun to try and establish control, figured majorly at the East Asian Summit and most countries in the 18-member grouping agreed on the need to deal with it "peacefully and legally".
"With a few exceptions, most countries spoke about the need to deal with the issue peacefully," according to an official source.
Countries of the Asia Pacific have major stakes in the sea.
"All the countries were for dealing with the issue of the South China Sea, peacefully, and managing it properly," the source added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents