Earthquake hits China`s Xinjiang region
Beijing: A strong earthquake measuring 6.0 on
the Richter scale jolted Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region this
morning but no casualties were reported.
The epicenter, with a depth of 30 kilometers, was at 39.4
degrees north latitude and 81.3 degrees east longitude, the
China Earthquake Network Center said.
The Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Regional Earthquake Bureau
had not received casualty reports from local authorities so
far, state-run Xinhua reported.
The spokesman of bureau said the epicenter is located in
the heart of China`s largest desert of Taklimakan. The
location with a radius of 100 square km is uninhabited.
He said the bureau is still expecting damage reports from
Aksu, Kashi, Hotan, Bayan Gol and Ili prefectures, where the
quake was felt.
Local authorities in the regions have sent staff to make
door calls in rural areas to check damages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state