Earthquake hits China`s Xinjiang region
Beijing: A strong earthquake measuring 6.0 on
the Richter scale jolted Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region this
morning but no casualties were reported.
The epicenter, with a depth of 30 kilometers, was at 39.4
degrees north latitude and 81.3 degrees east longitude, the
China Earthquake Network Center said.
The Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Regional Earthquake Bureau
had not received casualty reports from local authorities so
far, state-run Xinhua reported.
The spokesman of bureau said the epicenter is located in
the heart of China`s largest desert of Taklimakan. The
location with a radius of 100 square km is uninhabited.
He said the bureau is still expecting damage reports from
Aksu, Kashi, Hotan, Bayan Gol and Ili prefectures, where the
quake was felt.
Local authorities in the regions have sent staff to make
door calls in rural areas to check damages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days