Earthquake hits Japan, no tsunami warning issued
Tokyo: A magnitude 6.2 earthquake hit eastern Japan on Monday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.
The quake at 4.23 pm local time rocked the northern Tochigi Prefecture, reported Xinhua.
The quake in Japan did not generate a destructive tsunami, another report said.
The quake, however, shook buildings in Tokyo. According to Tokyo Electric Power Co, there were no reports of irregularities at its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant or other nuclear facilities.
There were no immediate reports of damage or serious injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video