Earthquake rattles Indonesian province
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale Sunday rocked Indonesia`s Aceh province but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
The quake struck round 12.50 pm, with the epicentre at Simeuleu islands at a depth of 121 km under the seabed, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency told Xinhua.
An 8.5 magnitude quake had struck Aceh province last week, killing 10 people and damaging buildings. The quake only triggered a minor tsunami.
The province is located in the northern tip of Indonesia`s Sumatra island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened