Earthquake rattles Indonesian province
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale Sunday rocked Indonesia`s Aceh province but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
The quake struck round 12.50 pm, with the epicentre at Simeuleu islands at a depth of 121 km under the seabed, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency told Xinhua.
An 8.5 magnitude quake had struck Aceh province last week, killing 10 people and damaging buildings. The quake only triggered a minor tsunami.
The province is located in the northern tip of Indonesia`s Sumatra island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB