Earthquake rattles Indonesian province
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale Sunday rocked Indonesia`s Aceh province but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
The quake struck round 12.50 pm, with the epicentre at Simeuleu islands at a depth of 121 km under the seabed, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency told Xinhua.
An 8.5 magnitude quake had struck Aceh province last week, killing 10 people and damaging buildings. The quake only triggered a minor tsunami.
The province is located in the northern tip of Indonesia`s Sumatra island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue
- India's tour to West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan hails Virat Kohli's backing, says it feels good to bat with him