Earthquake rattles Indonesian province
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale Sunday rocked Indonesia`s Aceh province but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
The quake struck round 12.50 pm, with the epicentre at Simeuleu islands at a depth of 121 km under the seabed, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency told Xinhua.
An 8.5 magnitude quake had struck Aceh province last week, killing 10 people and damaging buildings. The quake only triggered a minor tsunami.
The province is located in the northern tip of Indonesia`s Sumatra island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- NASA probe set to make closest approach yet to Jupiter
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run