Earthquake rattles Indonesian province
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale Sunday rocked Indonesia`s Aceh province but there were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
The quake struck round 12.50 pm, with the epicentre at Simeuleu islands at a depth of 121 km under the seabed, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency told Xinhua.
An 8.5 magnitude quake had struck Aceh province last week, killing 10 people and damaging buildings. The quake only triggered a minor tsunami.
The province is located in the northern tip of Indonesia`s Sumatra island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical