Earthquake rocks northern Italy, 20 dead
Rome: At least 15 people have been killed and about 100 injured in northern Italy following a magnitude 5.8 earthquake, a news agency reported on Tuesday.
The temblor`s epicentre was in the Emilia-Romagna area in Modena province. Its tremors were felt throughout northern Italy and as far away as Tuscany region.
A man in the city of San Felice sul Panaro was killed by falling rubble from a building.
An industrial building collapsed in the city of Mirandola in Modena province, trapping four people, a news channel said. Rescue workers were trying to save them.
Hundreds of people in the area fled from inside buildings, and rail links in the area have been disrupted.
On May 20, a quake in the same region had killed seven people and destroyed many buildings, a news channel reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India