Earthquake rocks northern Italy, 20 dead
Rome: At least 15 people have been killed and about 100 injured in northern Italy following a magnitude 5.8 earthquake, a news agency reported on Tuesday.
The temblor`s epicentre was in the Emilia-Romagna area in Modena province. Its tremors were felt throughout northern Italy and as far away as Tuscany region.
A man in the city of San Felice sul Panaro was killed by falling rubble from a building.
An industrial building collapsed in the city of Mirandola in Modena province, trapping four people, a news channel said. Rescue workers were trying to save them.
Hundreds of people in the area fled from inside buildings, and rail links in the area have been disrupted.
On May 20, a quake in the same region had killed seven people and destroyed many buildings, a news channel reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes