Earthquake rocks northern Italy, 20 dead
Rome: At least 15 people have been killed and about 100 injured in northern Italy following a magnitude 5.8 earthquake, a news agency reported on Tuesday.
The temblor`s epicentre was in the Emilia-Romagna area in Modena province. Its tremors were felt throughout northern Italy and as far away as Tuscany region.
A man in the city of San Felice sul Panaro was killed by falling rubble from a building.
An industrial building collapsed in the city of Mirandola in Modena province, trapping four people, a news channel said. Rescue workers were trying to save them.
Hundreds of people in the area fled from inside buildings, and rail links in the area have been disrupted.
On May 20, a quake in the same region had killed seven people and destroyed many buildings, a news channel reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation