Ecuador in talks to buy South African warplanes
Quito: Ecuador is in talks to purchase 12 Cheetah C fighter jets from South Africa for the armed forces, a media report said citing Defence Minister Javier Ponce.
Ecuador Air Force has recommended the purchase of South African warplanes due to its low cost, the El Universo daily reported.
Spain and Chile were also in the contention but their bids exceeded the budget for modernisation of the Ecuadorian fleet, the report said on Thursday.
The Cheetah C fighter was developed by South Africa in the mid-1980s based on Mirage III jets that Pretoria bought from France two decades ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!