Ecuadoran man lured 30 rape victims with job offers
Quito: Police in Ecuador arrested a man suspected of raping 30 women and said he lured his victims with job offers.
Segundo Federico, 45, detained in the Ecuadoran capital Quito, posed as a middleman arranging work for the women, most of whom were in their 20s.
Authorities said he convinced his victims that he was taking them to meet a prospective employer, but instead took them to isolated areas where he sexually assaulted them.
Officials said Federico is a convicted rapist who in 2012 completed an 11-year prison sentence.
Police said they confiscated resumes, pepper spray and women`s photos from his home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister