Edward Kennedy’s daughter Kara dies at 51
Washington: Former US Senator Edward Kennedy’s daughter, Kara, had died after collapsing of a suspected heart failure at her health club in the Washington DC.
The 51-year-old former TV producer had been in remission following a successful treatment for lung cancer in 2003.
The BBC quoted her brother Patrick Kennedy, as saying that his sister loved to exercise but that the cancer treatment “took quite a toll on her and weakened her physically”.
Kara was working for a charity involved in providing arts opportunities for the disabled.
She received the Presidential Medal of Freedom on her father’s behalf from President Barack Obama just 13 days before his death in August 2009.
She is survived by brothers Patrick, a former congressman from Rhode Island, Edward Junior, a lawyer and investment banker, her mother Joan Kennedy and a teenage son and daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Maharojgar Melava
- We have RSS training, capable of breaking necks with bare hands: BJP WB chief