Edward Snowden`s father in `emotional` meeting with son: Report
Moscow: The father of US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has held an "emotional" meeting with his son for the first time since the fugitive took refuge in Russia to escape US justice, a report said on Friday.
Lon Snowden met his son after arriving in Moscow from the United States on Thursday, a source familiar with the situation told the Interfax news agency, without specifying the time or place of the meeting.
"The meeting has already taken place. It was very emotional," the source told the agency, saying further details would not be given for security reasons.
Russia has granted Edward Snowden one year temporary asylum but the United States wants him to be extradited to face charges over his leaking of sensational details of US surveillance programmes.
The former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor spent over a month in transit at a Moscow airport before being granted asylum. Since then his whereabouts have been a mystery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional