Edward Snowden`s father in `emotional` meeting with son: Report
Moscow: The father of US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has held an "emotional" meeting with his son for the first time since the fugitive took refuge in Russia to escape US justice, a report said on Friday.
Lon Snowden met his son after arriving in Moscow from the United States on Thursday, a source familiar with the situation told the Interfax news agency, without specifying the time or place of the meeting.
"The meeting has already taken place. It was very emotional," the source told the agency, saying further details would not be given for security reasons.
Russia has granted Edward Snowden one year temporary asylum but the United States wants him to be extradited to face charges over his leaking of sensational details of US surveillance programmes.
The former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor spent over a month in transit at a Moscow airport before being granted asylum. Since then his whereabouts have been a mystery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez