Edward Snowden`s father in `emotional` meeting with son: Report
Moscow: The father of US intelligence leaker Edward Snowden has held an "emotional" meeting with his son for the first time since the fugitive took refuge in Russia to escape US justice, a report said on Friday.
Lon Snowden met his son after arriving in Moscow from the United States on Thursday, a source familiar with the situation told the Interfax news agency, without specifying the time or place of the meeting.
"The meeting has already taken place. It was very emotional," the source told the agency, saying further details would not be given for security reasons.
Russia has granted Edward Snowden one year temporary asylum but the United States wants him to be extradited to face charges over his leaking of sensational details of US surveillance programmes.
The former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor spent over a month in transit at a Moscow airport before being granted asylum. Since then his whereabouts have been a mystery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video