Egypt: 96 artifacts stolen from museum
Cairo: Egypt`s Ministry of Antiquities has announced that nearly a hundred small artifacts, some dating back to the time of the Pharaohs, have gone missing from a museum in the southernmost city of Aswan.
In Wednesday`s statement the ministry says 96 artifacts, mostly small figurines and beads, disappeared from the Aswan Museum`s storehouse.
Employees noticed a number of artifacts missing, the statement said. A committee looking into the theft checked the storehouse`s inventory and found that the lock on the inner door had been broken.
Officials in Aswan said the disappearance was a first for the museum, which hasn`t experienced the thefts that have plagued some other museums around the country throughout the unrest of the past three years.
They spoke anonymously as they weren`t authorised to brief the press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers