Egypt Air flight makes emergency landing
London: An Egypt Air flight was forced to divert after a passenger was bitten by a snake he had smuggled on board.
The pilots decided to make an emergency landing at a nearby airport after hearing the terrifying screams of the victim.
Al Ahram website reported that the passenger was from Jordan and had secretly stuffed the animal in his hand luggage, the Daily Mail reports.
The flight, bound for Kuwait, landed at the airport of Hurgada, some 300 miles south of the Egyptian capital Cairo.
After landing, the injured passenger was taken to hospital and the snake was confiscated by airport authorities.
The flight then continued on its journey to Kuwait without further incident, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'