Egypt Army rejects resignation of deputy PM
Cairo: Egypt`s Army rulers rejected the resignation of Deputy Prime Minister Yehia el-Gamal, who had cited health problems, the government said on Wednesday.
Gamal was appointed in February shortly after a popular uprising ousted President Hosni Mubarak, who was replaced by a military council until elections can be held.
A law professor, Gamal was a leader of an opposition coalition called the National Association for Change, founded by Egyptian activist and presidential candidate Mohamed ElBaradei.
The Prime Minister`s media adviser Ahmed el-Seman told reporters that the military council had rejected Gamal`s resignation. He gave no explanation for the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday