Egypt Army rejects resignation of deputy PM
Cairo: Egypt`s Army rulers rejected the resignation of Deputy Prime Minister Yehia el-Gamal, who had cited health problems, the government said on Wednesday.
Gamal was appointed in February shortly after a popular uprising ousted President Hosni Mubarak, who was replaced by a military council until elections can be held.
A law professor, Gamal was a leader of an opposition coalition called the National Association for Change, founded by Egyptian activist and presidential candidate Mohamed ElBaradei.
The Prime Minister`s media adviser Ahmed el-Seman told reporters that the military council had rejected Gamal`s resignation. He gave no explanation for the decision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory