Egypt-based computer hackers foiled: UAE
Abu Dhabi: Officials in the United Arab Emirates say they have thwarted an attempt by Egypt-based hackers to bring down UAE government websites in apparent retaliation for backing the forces that ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
The UAE has emerged as a leading Arab supporter of the military-led authorities in Egypt since Morsi was toppled earlier this month. The UAE also is a fierce opponent of Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood, charging supporters of the Islamist group with plotting to overthrow the UAE`s Western-backed ruling system.
The UAE`s Telecommunications Authority said in a statement Sunday that experts blocked the attempted hacking on Friday, saying it said caused "limited damage."
It said computer-tracking addresses of the alleged hackers were given to Egyptian officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman