Egypt-based computer hackers foiled: UAE
Abu Dhabi: Officials in the United Arab Emirates say they have thwarted an attempt by Egypt-based hackers to bring down UAE government websites in apparent retaliation for backing the forces that ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
The UAE has emerged as a leading Arab supporter of the military-led authorities in Egypt since Morsi was toppled earlier this month. The UAE also is a fierce opponent of Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood, charging supporters of the Islamist group with plotting to overthrow the UAE`s Western-backed ruling system.
The UAE`s Telecommunications Authority said in a statement Sunday that experts blocked the attempted hacking on Friday, saying it said caused "limited damage."
It said computer-tracking addresses of the alleged hackers were given to Egyptian officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you