Egypt-based computer hackers foiled: UAE
Abu Dhabi: Officials in the United Arab Emirates say they have thwarted an attempt by Egypt-based hackers to bring down UAE government websites in apparent retaliation for backing the forces that ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
The UAE has emerged as a leading Arab supporter of the military-led authorities in Egypt since Morsi was toppled earlier this month. The UAE also is a fierce opponent of Morsi`s Muslim Brotherhood, charging supporters of the Islamist group with plotting to overthrow the UAE`s Western-backed ruling system.
The UAE`s Telecommunications Authority said in a statement Sunday that experts blocked the attempted hacking on Friday, saying it said caused "limited damage."
It said computer-tracking addresses of the alleged hackers were given to Egyptian officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study
- Common chemical can make male turtles behave like females
- Kabul: One dead, 14 hurt in attack on American University
- Security beefed up in Mathura for Krishna Janmashtami celebrations