Egypt boat wreck: 12 migrants drown to death
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: A boat has capsized near the Egyptian port of Alexandria on Friday killing 12 migrants mostly from Syria and Palestine.
While 116 people have been rescued and taken to the nearby hospital, naval vessels are searching for more survivors.
In a way to avoid ongoing turbulence in their countries, many Syrians and Palestinians are illegally crossing from Egypt over Europe for the past few months.
As per the security official, the refugees overcrowd the boats. A similar cause led to this incident.
Earlier in the month, a migrant boat carrying over 500 migrants coming from Libya caught fire and capsized near the island of Lampedusa off the coasts of Sicily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola