Egypt boat wreck: 12 migrants drown to death
Zee Media Bureau
Cairo: A boat has capsized near the Egyptian port of Alexandria on Friday killing 12 migrants mostly from Syria and Palestine.
While 116 people have been rescued and taken to the nearby hospital, naval vessels are searching for more survivors.
In a way to avoid ongoing turbulence in their countries, many Syrians and Palestinians are illegally crossing from Egypt over Europe for the past few months.
As per the security official, the refugees overcrowd the boats. A similar cause led to this incident.
Earlier in the month, a migrant boat carrying over 500 migrants coming from Libya caught fire and capsized near the island of Lampedusa off the coasts of Sicily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read