Egypt: Bomb explodes, killing 3 alleged militants
Cairo: A bomb accidentally exploded on a farm today southwest of the Egyptian capital, killing three suspected militants who were handling it, a security official said.
The blast, which occurred in the oasis town of Fayoum, caused a building to collapse, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he wasn`t authorized to brief reporters.
A series of small bombings and demonstrations took place yesterday, marking the anniversary of the ouster of Egypt`s Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
Clashes also broke out between Morsi supporters and security forces Cairo`s twin city of Giza, and one protester was killed.
Morsi supporters have also called for mass protests today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid