Egypt: Bomb explodes, killing 3 alleged militants
Cairo: A bomb accidentally exploded on a farm today southwest of the Egyptian capital, killing three suspected militants who were handling it, a security official said.
The blast, which occurred in the oasis town of Fayoum, caused a building to collapse, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he wasn`t authorized to brief reporters.
A series of small bombings and demonstrations took place yesterday, marking the anniversary of the ouster of Egypt`s Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
Clashes also broke out between Morsi supporters and security forces Cairo`s twin city of Giza, and one protester was killed.
Morsi supporters have also called for mass protests today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'