Egypt Brotherhood leader denies `terror` charges
Cairo: A fugitive leader of Egypt`s Muslim Brotherhood is denying media allegations that his group is waging a "terror" campaign.
Mohammed el-Beltagy`s videotaped speech was aired by Al-Jazeera today. He says the accusations are "lies" and an attempt to turn a political crisis into a security problem.
He went into hiding earlier this month after authorities violently broke up protest encampments held by supporters of President Mohammed Morsi, ousted in a July 3 coup. Hundreds died in the crackdown, including el-Beltagy`s daughter.
In a backlash, Morsi supporters attacked police stations, government buildings and churches. Hundreds of Brotherhood leaders and Morsi supporters have been arrested, many accused of orchestrating violence.
Egypt`s media, almost uniformly anti-Brotherhood after the closure of Islamist TV stations, have described the crackdown as a "war on terror."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday