Egypt confiscates military fatigue shipments
Cairo: Cairo airport officials have confiscated 10,000 pieces of military-style clothing and officials in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria say they have seized 25 tons of camouflage material used for making military fatigues.
Cairo officials said today that an Egyptian businessman was trying to ship the uniforms to a businessman in Libya. It was not clear what the uniforms would be used for in Libya, where militias have yet to come fully under the government`s control.
In Alexandria, a state prosecutor says they are investigating a Chinese company after two of its shipments from China were found to contain 25 tons of material in the khaki and brownish-green style worn by soldiers. The company manufactures in Egypt and sells abroad.
Officials spoke anonymously because investigations are under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sky is the limit for investments in India: Arun Jaitley
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees