Egypt court sentences 14 Islamists to death
Cairo: A criminal court in Egypt has sentenced 14 Islamists -- members of the Tawhid and Jihad movement -- to death, after convicting them of attacking a police station and a bank last year, Xinhua reported.
The Criminal Court in Ismailia issued death sentences to 14 out of 25 accused.
They were convicted of attacking the Arish police station and breaking into an Alexandria Bank branch in North Sinai in June-July last year, and killing seven officers and soldiers.
The verdict for the other 11 accused will be announced in a court session on September 24.
The Tawhid and Jihad is a hard-line extremist movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020