Egypt court sentences 14 Islamists to death
Cairo: A criminal court in Egypt has sentenced 14 Islamists -- members of the Tawhid and Jihad movement -- to death, after convicting them of attacking a police station and a bank last year, Xinhua reported.
The Criminal Court in Ismailia issued death sentences to 14 out of 25 accused.
They were convicted of attacking the Arish police station and breaking into an Alexandria Bank branch in North Sinai in June-July last year, and killing seven officers and soldiers.
The verdict for the other 11 accused will be announced in a court session on September 24.
The Tawhid and Jihad is a hard-line extremist movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh