Egypt denies banning Jewish festival at Alexandria synagogue
Cairo: Egyptian authorities Monday denied any orders being given to ban the celebration of Jewish New Year in the country`s last active synagogue in Alexandria due to security concerns.
Security forces working on securing the temple do not prevent anybody from praying in the synagogue or entering it, Alexandria security director Khaled Gharaba said, according to MENA news agency.
All the news fanned by some newspapers and websites about prohibiting prayers in the synagogue for the Jewish New Year are "groundless and void of truth", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview