Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage
Cairo: Airport officials in Cairo say police
have detained an American-Egyptian man who arrived on a flight
from New York with several weapons in his luggage.
The officials say the man was taken into custody as he
tried to pass through customs with a metal box containing two
9 mm handguns, 250 bullets, several swords, daggers and
They say customs officials had been alerted after the
weapons were discovered when the box was examined upon arrival
today on an Egypt Air flight from New York`s JFK International
Airport in Cairo.
A police official confirmed the man was under
investigation by prosecutors.
The officials all spoke on condition of anonymity because
they were not authorised to speak to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday