Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage
Cairo: Airport officials in Cairo say police
have detained an American-Egyptian man who arrived on a flight
from New York with several weapons in his luggage.
The officials say the man was taken into custody as he
tried to pass through customs with a metal box containing two
9 mm handguns, 250 bullets, several swords, daggers and
They say customs officials had been alerted after the
weapons were discovered when the box was examined upon arrival
today on an Egypt Air flight from New York`s JFK International
Airport in Cairo.
A police official confirmed the man was under
investigation by prosecutors.
The officials all spoke on condition of anonymity because
they were not authorised to speak to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued