Egypt: Dissident signs pro-Gamal Mubarak petition
Cairo: An Egyptian-American dissident and former advocate against heredity succession in Egypt has signed a petition backing the President`s son to run in next year`s elections.
Saad Eddin Ibrahim said on Monday that he was only supporting Gamal Mubarak`s right to run in Presidential Elections, not endorsing him.
The petition Ibrahim signed on Sunday calls on the 46-year-old investment banker-turned- politician to run even while his 82-year-old father has not said himself if he will serve another term.
Ibrahim spent three years in and out of jail battling charges stemming from criticism in 2000 of the President`s apparent attempts to engineer his son`s succession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Medical experts want Rio Olympics delayed or moved due to Zika
- Subramanian Swamy alleges Raghuram Rajan 'leaking sensitive information', must be sacked
- Witness woman power in full glory in 'Housefull 3'! Watch video
- Guess who just got Rs 48 lakh Jaguar car - Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan!
- Watch: Incredible view of the Suez Canal, Egypt!