Egypt: Dissident signs pro-Gamal Mubarak petition
Cairo: An Egyptian-American dissident and former advocate against heredity succession in Egypt has signed a petition backing the President`s son to run in next year`s elections.
Saad Eddin Ibrahim said on Monday that he was only supporting Gamal Mubarak`s right to run in Presidential Elections, not endorsing him.
The petition Ibrahim signed on Sunday calls on the 46-year-old investment banker-turned- politician to run even while his 82-year-old father has not said himself if he will serve another term.
Ibrahim spent three years in and out of jail battling charges stemming from criticism in 2000 of the President`s apparent attempts to engineer his son`s succession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail