Egypt: Dissident signs pro-Gamal Mubarak petition
Cairo: An Egyptian-American dissident and former advocate against heredity succession in Egypt has signed a petition backing the President`s son to run in next year`s elections.
Saad Eddin Ibrahim said on Monday that he was only supporting Gamal Mubarak`s right to run in Presidential Elections, not endorsing him.
The petition Ibrahim signed on Sunday calls on the 46-year-old investment banker-turned- politician to run even while his 82-year-old father has not said himself if he will serve another term.
Ibrahim spent three years in and out of jail battling charges stemming from criticism in 2000 of the President`s apparent attempts to engineer his son`s succession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'