Egypt: Does Mohammed Mursi really hold power?
Cairo: Egyptians might have elected Mohammed Mursi as their new President, but he is not in the real in-charge as he is still answerable to the country’s military force and the leader of his own party Muslim Brotherhood, according to a report.
According to a report by The Telegraph, the fight for Egypt`s future is still on, and nobody really knows now who is in power even after Mursi wins the Presidential Elections.
Mursi is still answerable to Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawi, the chairman of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces and Defence Minister.
He is also answerable to Mohammed Badie, the Murshid or Guide of the Brotherhood, to whom he also owes obedience, the paper said.
The paper, however, also pointed out that there have been some small victories too.
The rise of the Islamists showed that persecution can be overcome with persistence, particularly if you forswear violence, as the group has done for many years now.
According to the paper, they have proved that the voice of the people cannot be entirely ignored.
With such a narrow margin of victory, everyone feared that the result would be stolen, but it was not.
The report said that the Brotherhood must now learn an important corollary that they too cannot afford to ignore the fears of the rural, old regime, Christian and business classes who voted against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan