Egypt election results delayed
Cairo: The head of Egypt`s election commission said the announcement of final results for first-round parliamentary elections has been delayed until Friday.
The commission previously said results from the two-day balloting would be announced late Thursday. But the state MENA news agency quotes Abdel-Mooaez Ibrahim as saying a large voter turnout has slowed down the counting process.
Judges supervising the vote say near-final results show the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood taking up to 45 percent of the contested seats. This will likely give Islamist parties a majority.
The vote is the first of six rounds of parliamentary voting that will drag on until March.
The judges spoke on condition of anonymity because the count remains unfinished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India