Egypt election results delayed
Cairo: The head of Egypt`s election commission said the announcement of final results for first-round parliamentary elections has been delayed until Friday.
The commission previously said results from the two-day balloting would be announced late Thursday. But the state MENA news agency quotes Abdel-Mooaez Ibrahim as saying a large voter turnout has slowed down the counting process.
Judges supervising the vote say near-final results show the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood taking up to 45 percent of the contested seats. This will likely give Islamist parties a majority.
The vote is the first of six rounds of parliamentary voting that will drag on until March.
The judges spoke on condition of anonymity because the count remains unfinished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM