Egypt election results delayed
Cairo: The head of Egypt`s election commission said the announcement of final results for first-round parliamentary elections has been delayed until Friday.
The commission previously said results from the two-day balloting would be announced late Thursday. But the state MENA news agency quotes Abdel-Mooaez Ibrahim as saying a large voter turnout has slowed down the counting process.
Judges supervising the vote say near-final results show the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood taking up to 45 percent of the contested seats. This will likely give Islamist parties a majority.
The vote is the first of six rounds of parliamentary voting that will drag on until March.
The judges spoke on condition of anonymity because the count remains unfinished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read