Egypt extends detention of Israeli spy suspect
Cairo: Egypt`s public prosecutor on Saturday
extended by 15 days the detention of a man suspected of spying
for Israel, a judicial source said to a news agency.
Ilan Grapel, a US-Israeli dual national, "will remain
in custody for another 15 days pending investigation," the
His remand had been due to expire Monday.
American-born Ilan Grapel was arrested last month in a
Cairo hotel and placed in preventative detention for 15 days.
He has been accused of being an agent with Israel`s
Mossad intelligence agency and of sowing sectarian strife and
chaos in Egypt after a popular uprising forced president Hosni
Mubarak to step down on February 11.
Two days after Grapel`s arrest in Egypt, which in 1979
became the first Arab state to recognise Israel, Israeli
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman strongly denied he was spy.
"I can say categorically that this student, who may
have behaved bizarrely and irresponsibly, has no ties with
Israeli, American or even lunar intelligence services,"
Lieberman told Israeli army radio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'