Egypt: Final results confirm Islamists top vote
Cairo: The Muslim Brotherhood`s electoral coalition has won 38 percent of seats allocated to party lists for Egypt`s Parliament, with Islamists of various stripes taking more than two thirds of the assembly, in line with with their own forecasts.
According to final results issued by the High Elections Committee on Saturday, the hardline Islamist Nour Party won 29 percent of list seats. The secular New Wafd and the Egyptian Bloc coalition came third and fourth respectively.
Under a complex electoral system, two thirds of seats in Egypt`s 498-seats lower house are decided by proportional representation on closed party lists. The other third are contested by individual candidates.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi