Egypt: Final results confirm Islamists top vote
Cairo: The Muslim Brotherhood`s electoral coalition has won 38 percent of seats allocated to party lists for Egypt`s Parliament, with Islamists of various stripes taking more than two thirds of the assembly, in line with with their own forecasts.
According to final results issued by the High Elections Committee on Saturday, the hardline Islamist Nour Party won 29 percent of list seats. The secular New Wafd and the Egyptian Bloc coalition came third and fourth respectively.
Under a complex electoral system, two thirds of seats in Egypt`s 498-seats lower house are decided by proportional representation on closed party lists. The other third are contested by individual candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state