Egypt forms panel to probe post-Morsi violence
Cairo: Egypt`s interim President Adly Mansour ordered to form a fact-finding committee to investigate the violence that broke out after the ouster of former president Mohamed Morsi, a state-run website reported.
Mansour issued a presidential decree and declared the formation of the new committee during a national dialogue with political powers to discuss the country`s transition road map, Xinhua reported Monday.
Egypt has been hit by nationwide violence and street clashes since the ouster of Islamist president Morsi July 3. According to website Ahram, more than 1,000 Egyptians, mostly Islamists and around 100 security personnel, were killed in the violence.
The five-member panel, headed by Judge Foad Ryad, would submit a report within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read