Egypt forms panel to probe post-Morsi violence
Cairo: Egypt`s interim President Adly Mansour ordered to form a fact-finding committee to investigate the violence that broke out after the ouster of former president Mohamed Morsi, a state-run website reported.
Mansour issued a presidential decree and declared the formation of the new committee during a national dialogue with political powers to discuss the country`s transition road map, Xinhua reported Monday.
Egypt has been hit by nationwide violence and street clashes since the ouster of Islamist president Morsi July 3. According to website Ahram, more than 1,000 Egyptians, mostly Islamists and around 100 security personnel, were killed in the violence.
The five-member panel, headed by Judge Foad Ryad, would submit a report within six months.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!