Egypt freezes assets of 14 top Islamists: Judicial sources
Cairo: Egypt`s public prosecutor on Sunday ordered the freezing of assets belonging to 14 top Islamists as part of an investigation into deadly violence, judicial sources said.
The order by Hisham Barakat affects nine Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including the group`s general guide Mohamed Badie, and five Islamists from other groups including ex-militant faction Gamaa Islamiya, the sources said.
The investigation relates to four incidents since the military`s ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi on July 3, including clashes in Cairo last Monday in which 53 people died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef