Egypt freezes assets of 14 top Islamists: Judicial sources
Cairo: Egypt`s public prosecutor on Sunday ordered the freezing of assets belonging to 14 top Islamists as part of an investigation into deadly violence, judicial sources said.
The order by Hisham Barakat affects nine Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including the group`s general guide Mohamed Badie, and five Islamists from other groups including ex-militant faction Gamaa Islamiya, the sources said.
The investigation relates to four incidents since the military`s ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi on July 3, including clashes in Cairo last Monday in which 53 people died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video