Egypt freezes assets of top Islamists
Johannesburg: Egypt`s prosecutor has ordered the freezing of assets belonging to 14 top Islamists, as part of an investigation into deadly violence.
Judicial sources said that the order by public prosecutor Hisham Barakat affects nine Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including the group`s general guide Mohamed Badie.
According to News24, the order will also affect five Islamists from other groups, including ex-militant faction Gamaa Islamiya.
The freezing of assets is part of an investigation into four incidents since the military`s ouster of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi on 3 July, including clashes in Cairo last Monday, which left 53 people dead and several injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?