Egypt freezes assets of top Islamists
Johannesburg: Egypt`s prosecutor has ordered the freezing of assets belonging to 14 top Islamists, as part of an investigation into deadly violence.
Judicial sources said that the order by public prosecutor Hisham Barakat affects nine Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including the group`s general guide Mohamed Badie.
According to News24, the order will also affect five Islamists from other groups, including ex-militant faction Gamaa Islamiya.
The freezing of assets is part of an investigation into four incidents since the military`s ouster of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi on 3 July, including clashes in Cairo last Monday, which left 53 people dead and several injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes