Egypt freezes assets of top Islamists
Johannesburg: Egypt`s prosecutor has ordered the freezing of assets belonging to 14 top Islamists, as part of an investigation into deadly violence.
Judicial sources said that the order by public prosecutor Hisham Barakat affects nine Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including the group`s general guide Mohamed Badie.
According to News24, the order will also affect five Islamists from other groups, including ex-militant faction Gamaa Islamiya.
The freezing of assets is part of an investigation into four incidents since the military`s ouster of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi on 3 July, including clashes in Cairo last Monday, which left 53 people dead and several injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble