Egypt government dissolves Muslim Brotherhood NGO: Report
Cairo: The Egyptian government has decided to dissolve the Muslim Brotherhood as a registered non-governmental organisation, the state-run Al-Akhbar newspaper reported on Friday, adding that the decision would be announced next week.
"The minister`s decision has in fact been issued but it will be announced at the start of next week in a press conference," Al-Akhbar quoted Hany Mahana, spokesman for the minister of social solidarity, as saying.
The decision applies to the NGO that was formally registered by the Brotherhood in March in response to a lawsuit that argued the movement had no legal status.
The Brotherhood was founded in 1928 and formally dissolved by Egypt`s Army rulers in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!