Egypt government dissolves Muslim Brotherhood NGO: Report
Cairo: The Egyptian government has decided to dissolve the Muslim Brotherhood as a registered non-governmental organisation, the state-run Al-Akhbar newspaper reported on Friday, adding that the decision would be announced next week.
"The minister`s decision has in fact been issued but it will be announced at the start of next week in a press conference," Al-Akhbar quoted Hany Mahana, spokesman for the minister of social solidarity, as saying.
The decision applies to the NGO that was formally registered by the Brotherhood in March in response to a lawsuit that argued the movement had no legal status.
The Brotherhood was founded in 1928 and formally dissolved by Egypt`s Army rulers in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!