Egypt government dissolves Muslim Brotherhood NGO: Report
Cairo: The Egyptian government has decided to dissolve the Muslim Brotherhood as a registered non-governmental organisation, the state-run Al-Akhbar newspaper reported on Friday, adding that the decision would be announced next week.
"The minister`s decision has in fact been issued but it will be announced at the start of next week in a press conference," Al-Akhbar quoted Hany Mahana, spokesman for the minister of social solidarity, as saying.
The decision applies to the NGO that was formally registered by the Brotherhood in March in response to a lawsuit that argued the movement had no legal status.
The Brotherhood was founded in 1928 and formally dissolved by Egypt`s Army rulers in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him