Egypt government dissolves Muslim Brotherhood NGO: Report
Cairo: The Egyptian government has decided to dissolve the Muslim Brotherhood as a registered non-governmental organisation, the state-run Al-Akhbar newspaper reported on Friday, adding that the decision would be announced next week.
"The minister`s decision has in fact been issued but it will be announced at the start of next week in a press conference," Al-Akhbar quoted Hany Mahana, spokesman for the minister of social solidarity, as saying.
The decision applies to the NGO that was formally registered by the Brotherhood in March in response to a lawsuit that argued the movement had no legal status.
The Brotherhood was founded in 1928 and formally dissolved by Egypt`s Army rulers in 1954.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living