Egypt government dissolves Muslim Brotherhood NGO: Report
Cairo: The Egyptian government has decided to dissolve the Muslim Brotherhood as a registered non-governmental organisation, the state-run Al-Akhbar newspaper reported on Friday, adding that the decision would be announced next week.
"The minister`s decision has in fact been issued but it will be announced at the start of next week in a press conference," Al-Akhbar quoted Hany Mahana, spokesman for the minister of social solidarity, as saying.
The decision applies to the NGO that was formally registered by the Brotherhood in March in response to a lawsuit that argued the movement had no legal status.
The Brotherhood was founded in 1928 and formally dissolved by Egypt`s Army rulers in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30