Egypt guards kill migrant trying to enter Israel
Rafah (Egypt): An Egyptian security official says border guards have shot and killed a Sudanese man who was trying to illegally cross into Israel.
The official said today the guards fired in the air, but the Sudanese man ignored the warnings and was shot dead. The body of 19-year-old Mukhtar al-Hafed al-Bashir was taken to the hospital in Rafah near the border.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters.
Egyptian border guards frequently open fire on African migrants trying to sneak into Israel, drawing criticism from human rights groups.
Thousands of Africans try to reach Israel from Egypt every year, risking a dangerous desert crossing, seeking work or asylum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday