Egypt Islamists slam government `failure`
Cairo: The party belonging to the powerful
Muslim Brotherhood on Tuesday slammed the "failure" of the
military-appointed government, and renewed its call for a
national consensus cabinet.
"Egypt still suffers increasing economic and security
crises which confirms the failure of the current government,"
the Freedom and Justice Party said in a statement.
Maintaining the cabinet of Prime Minister Kamal Ganzuri
"shows a clear desire to transfer more crises to any future
government," it said.
The FJP, which won a crushing victory in recent
parliamentary elections, stressed "the need to form a national
consensus government that expresses the choice of the Egyptian
people in the legislative elections."
The Brotherhood has recently called for the government to
be sacked, saying it should govern.
In the statement, the FJP also reiterated its "rejection"
of the government`s acceptance of a loan from the
International Monetary Fund.
"Looking for painkillers to fix economic problems raises
many questions," said the FJP. It said the country could rely
on many of its financial resources "before resorting to
Egypt`s finance minister said his government would sign a
memorandum of understanding with the IMF in March for a
previously spurned USD 3.2 billion loan, state media reported
The loan would be paid in three installments, the first
as soon as the agreement is signed, he added.
Egypt had turned down the loan last year, saying it did
not want to add to its foreign debt, but reconsidered as its
economy plummeted and much of the promised aid from Arab and
Western donors did not materialise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured