Egypt march to end sexual harassment assaulted
Cairo: A mob of hundreds of men assaulted women who were taking part in a march in Cairo`s Tahrir Square to end sexual harassment in Egypt.
Witnesses say male supporters who were there to protect the march were overwhelmed by the mob.
The women were assaulted for several minutes before some were able to seek refuge in a nearby building.
Some of the marchers had been carrying posters that said, "The people want to cut the hand of the sexual harasser”, and chanting, "The Egyptian girl says it loudly, harassment is barbaric”.
Friday`s march to end sexual harassment comes after a string of daily assaults on women in the square, which has become a focal point of protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port