Egypt march to end sexual harassment assaulted
Cairo: A mob of hundreds of men assaulted women who were taking part in a march in Cairo`s Tahrir Square to end sexual harassment in Egypt.
Witnesses say male supporters who were there to protect the march were overwhelmed by the mob.
The women were assaulted for several minutes before some were able to seek refuge in a nearby building.
Some of the marchers had been carrying posters that said, "The people want to cut the hand of the sexual harasser”, and chanting, "The Egyptian girl says it loudly, harassment is barbaric”.
Friday`s march to end sexual harassment comes after a string of daily assaults on women in the square, which has become a focal point of protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?