Egypt march to end sexual harassment assaulted
Cairo: A mob of hundreds of men assaulted women who were taking part in a march in Cairo`s Tahrir Square to end sexual harassment in Egypt.
Witnesses say male supporters who were there to protect the march were overwhelmed by the mob.
The women were assaulted for several minutes before some were able to seek refuge in a nearby building.
Some of the marchers had been carrying posters that said, "The people want to cut the hand of the sexual harasser”, and chanting, "The Egyptian girl says it loudly, harassment is barbaric”.
Friday`s march to end sexual harassment comes after a string of daily assaults on women in the square, which has become a focal point of protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?