Egypt march to end sexual harassment assaulted
Cairo: A mob of hundreds of men assaulted women who were taking part in a march in Cairo`s Tahrir Square to end sexual harassment in Egypt.
Witnesses say male supporters who were there to protect the march were overwhelmed by the mob.
The women were assaulted for several minutes before some were able to seek refuge in a nearby building.
Some of the marchers had been carrying posters that said, "The people want to cut the hand of the sexual harasser”, and chanting, "The Egyptian girl says it loudly, harassment is barbaric”.
Friday`s march to end sexual harassment comes after a string of daily assaults on women in the square, which has become a focal point of protests.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan