Egypt military overthrow of Morsi `improper`: Iran
Tehran: Iran, in its first official reaction to the toppling of Egypt`s democratically elected president by the military, is calling the move "improper."
A Sunday report by official IRNA news agency quotes foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Araghchi also saying that supporters of Mohammed Morsi should not give up in their quest to reinstate him. He also said the presidency should not be decided by "the streets."
"Islamists and revolutionaries should not be frustrated," said Araghchi. "Arab Spring can be followed by warm summer and cold winter," too.
Araghchi did not call the move a "coup." Morsi ended more than three decades of diplomatic estrangement with Iran that dated back to the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!