Egypt military ruler to Libya on 1st state visit abroad
Cairo: Egypt`s military ruler Field Marshal
Hussein Tantawi visits Libya on Monday to boost ties between
the two neighbouring countries where popular protests have
unseated veteran leaders, officials said.
It will be Tantawi`s first state visit abroad since the
Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), which he heads,
took over following the ouster of president Hosni Mubarak in
February after an 18-day revolt.
"The visit is aimed at finding new horizons for
cooperation and for contributing to the reconstruction of
Libya," a military official said.
Tantawi will be preceded to Tripoli by a high-powered
delegation of cabinet ministers and businessmen, and talks
with Libya`s National Transitional Council leaders will focus
on infrastructure and reconstruction projects.
"A number of agreements and protocols on cooperation are
expected to be signed, including one concerning Egyptian
workers entering Libya and their rights," the state-run MENA
news agency reported.
The official Al-Ahram newspaper said "Tantawi will visit
Tripoli the day after tomorrow to open a new page with Libya,"
after the ouster of strongman Muammar Gaddafi who was killed
during his capture by rebels in October.
Tantawi will hold talks with NTC chief Mustafa Abdel
Jalil and Prime Minister Abdel Rahim al-Kib that will also
cover Libyan investments in Egypt.
Last week, Abdel Jalil said Libya will review all its
investments abroad, with some overseas projects expected to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'