Egypt: Mohamed Morsi held in a `safe place’
Washington: Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi is being held in a `safe place,` a foreign ministry spokesman has said.
Foreign Ministry `s Badr Abdelatty said Morsi is in a safe place, for his safety, and he is being treated with dignity.
According to the Washington Times, Abdelatty added that the ousted president has not been charged with anything until now.
Egypt`s military dragged Morsi from power last week. It was widely believed he had been placed at the Republican Guard headquarters, under house arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM