Egypt: Mohamed Morsi held in a `safe place’
Washington: Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi is being held in a `safe place,` a foreign ministry spokesman has said.
Foreign Ministry `s Badr Abdelatty said Morsi is in a safe place, for his safety, and he is being treated with dignity.
According to the Washington Times, Abdelatty added that the ousted president has not been charged with anything until now.
Egypt`s military dragged Morsi from power last week. It was widely believed he had been placed at the Republican Guard headquarters, under house arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest