Egypt: Mohamed Morsi held in a `safe place’
Washington: Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi is being held in a `safe place,` a foreign ministry spokesman has said.
Foreign Ministry `s Badr Abdelatty said Morsi is in a safe place, for his safety, and he is being treated with dignity.
According to the Washington Times, Abdelatty added that the ousted president has not been charged with anything until now.
Egypt`s military dragged Morsi from power last week. It was widely believed he had been placed at the Republican Guard headquarters, under house arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!