Egypt: Mohamed Morsi held in a `safe place’
Washington: Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi is being held in a `safe place,` a foreign ministry spokesman has said.
Foreign Ministry `s Badr Abdelatty said Morsi is in a safe place, for his safety, and he is being treated with dignity.
According to the Washington Times, Abdelatty added that the ousted president has not been charged with anything until now.
Egypt`s military dragged Morsi from power last week. It was widely believed he had been placed at the Republican Guard headquarters, under house arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites