Egypt: Mursi appoints Islamist, military governors
Cairo: Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi appointed 10 new provincial governors, including Cairo governorate, presidency spokesman Yasser Ali announced on Tuesday.
Osama Ahmed Kamal was appointed as the governor of Cairo to replace the minister of water resources and public works Abdel Qawi Khalifah, while Mohamed Atta Abbas as the governor of Alexandria. Also, Sayyed Abdul Fatah Salem Harhour was appointed as governor of North Sinai, according to official news agency MENA.
The list includes three Army generals, two university professors, one consulate in State Council and four leaders from Muslim Brotherhood.
Ali said that the new governors came in light of implementing the executive work in the 10 concerned governorates, while the other governors remain their posts.
He added the President made the appointments according to the candidates` reputation, professionalism, and how much they respond to the citizens` demands, denying any party`s control over the posts.
Since he took office in June, Mursi has made many changes in the structure of the government. One of the latest changes was on August 27, when he named 17 people as members of his presidential committee and another four as assistants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof