Egypt Muslim-Christian clashes leave one dead
Cairo: Egyptian security officials say clashes between Muslims and Christians in the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria left one man dead of a heart attack.
Officials say the clashes in the city`s el-Dekheila suburb erupted when a Coptic man allegedly sexually harassed a Muslim woman.
Residents of the area fired birdshot and threw Molotov cocktails at one another during the Friday night fighting.
Police say Christian resident Sherif Sedky died of a heart attack during the clashes. Police forces were beefed up around the local church Saturday in case of further violence.
Officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief the media.
Coptic Christians make up about 10 percent of Egypt`s population. Sectarian violence has been on the rise in Egypt over the past two years.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016