Egypt official predicts limited cabinet reshuffle
Cairo: A limited cabinet reshuffle is
expected to take place shortly, an Egyptian military official
told a news agency on Saturday.
"Soon there will be a limited cabinet reshuffle in the
caretaker government headed by Ahmed Shafiq, to include three
or four ministers," the official said.
Pro-democracy activists, who helped launch nationwide
protests that overthrew president Hosni Mubarak, have
repeatedly called for a new cabinet of technocrats to replace
figures from the old regime.
Mubarak had sacked his government and tasked Shafiq to
head a new cabinet in a bid to placate protesters before
stepping down on February 11 and handing power to the Supreme
Council of the Armed Forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'