Egypt officials arrest activist, storm center
Cairo: Egypt`s official news agency and a human rights lawyer say security forces have arrested a prominent activist and raided a rights center.
MENA says Mohammed Adel of April 6, one of youth movements that led the 2011 uprising against autocrat President Hosni Mubarak, was arrested today.
Lawyer Gamal Eid says authorities seized Adel and five others from The Egyptian Center for Economic and Social Rights in Cairo, while also taking computers there.
After seven hours in an unknown location, Eid says the five were taken to a police station and were released while Adel remains in police custody.
Eid says security officers pushed a gun inside the mouth of one of five during their detention to make him be quiet and beat up another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog