Egypt officials arrest activist, storm center
Cairo: Egypt`s official news agency and a human rights lawyer say security forces have arrested a prominent activist and raided a rights center.
MENA says Mohammed Adel of April 6, one of youth movements that led the 2011 uprising against autocrat President Hosni Mubarak, was arrested today.
Lawyer Gamal Eid says authorities seized Adel and five others from The Egyptian Center for Economic and Social Rights in Cairo, while also taking computers there.
After seven hours in an unknown location, Eid says the five were taken to a police station and were released while Adel remains in police custody.
Eid says security officers pushed a gun inside the mouth of one of five during their detention to make him be quiet and beat up another.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile