Egypt PM accepts deputy resignation
Cairo: Egypt`s Prime Minister Essam Sharaf accepted the resignation of his deputy premier, whose removal had been called for by protesters, the cabinet`s Facebook page said on Tuesday.
Yehia el-Gamal had previously offered his resignation but it was rejected by the ruling military council, who are now under new pressure from demonstrators camping in Tahrir Square for the fifth day of protests seeking faster reforms.
The council earlier on Tuesday said it backed the Prime Minister in his work.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra