Egypt PM accepts deputy resignation
Cairo: Egypt`s Prime Minister Essam Sharaf accepted the resignation of his deputy premier, whose removal had been called for by protesters, the cabinet`s Facebook page said on Tuesday.
Yehia el-Gamal had previously offered his resignation but it was rejected by the ruling military council, who are now under new pressure from demonstrators camping in Tahrir Square for the fifth day of protests seeking faster reforms.
The council earlier on Tuesday said it backed the Prime Minister in his work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet