Egypt police attacked near gas pipeline in Sinai
El-Arish (Egypt): Egyptian security officials say suspected Islamist militants attacked a police patrol along a pipeline in the Sinai Peninsula that transports natural gas to Jordan, wounding seven policemen.
Intelligence officials say the routine police convoy of four vehicles came under fire today near Egypt`s border with Israel in central Sinai.
The pipeline they were monitoring has come under attack more than a dozen times in the past two years.
Officials say several of the policemen, including a high ranking officer, were seriously wounded. No further details were given. The officials spoke anonymously because they were not authorised to speak to media.
Just last month, Egypt said it would boost its gas supply after complaints by Jordan over the interruption of supplies due to pipeline attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands