Egypt police say 15 suspected militants arrested
Cairo: Egypt`s Interior Ministry says it has detained 15 militants suspected of planning operations to destabilise the country in a series of raids.
A ministry statement said most had large amounts of explosives.
The statement on Wednesday said the raids took place in different areas of Egypt over recent weeks. A Tunisian was among those arrested in a raid last week.
He was detained with two Egyptians on the same day authorities killed a Libyan militant suspected of involvement in the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi last month.
The authorities didn`t say whether the two raids were linked.
The statement said another suspected militant was arrested with his brother while trying to flee to Libya. All those arrested were in possession of explosives, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan