Egypt police say 15 suspected militants arrested
Cairo: Egypt`s Interior Ministry says it has detained 15 militants suspected of planning operations to destabilise the country in a series of raids.
A ministry statement said most had large amounts of explosives.
The statement on Wednesday said the raids took place in different areas of Egypt over recent weeks. A Tunisian was among those arrested in a raid last week.
He was detained with two Egyptians on the same day authorities killed a Libyan militant suspected of involvement in the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi last month.
The authorities didn`t say whether the two raids were linked.
The statement said another suspected militant was arrested with his brother while trying to flee to Libya. All those arrested were in possession of explosives, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders