Egypt president`s son may be earning USD 133 a month
Cairo: The head of Egypt`s holding company for airports and aviation says President Mohammed Mursi`s son has applied for a job that pays USD 133 a month starting salary.
Captain Magdi Abdel-Hadi dismissed accusations of nepotism and denied reports that the starting monthly salary would be USD 5,000. He said today that Omar Mursi went through regular procedures to apply for the internally advertised job, including passing English and computer exams.
He says the president`s son is still being evaluated for the position, which pays 900 Egyptian pounds, roughly USD 133 a month. Abdel-Hadi says after six months, salaries rise to some 1,200 pounds, or USD 180 a month.
The USD 5,000 figure is unheard of for new graduates in Egypt, where the starting salary for a government job can be as low as USD 75.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing