Egypt president`s son may be earning USD 133 a month
Cairo: The head of Egypt`s holding company for airports and aviation says President Mohammed Mursi`s son has applied for a job that pays USD 133 a month starting salary.
Captain Magdi Abdel-Hadi dismissed accusations of nepotism and denied reports that the starting monthly salary would be USD 5,000. He said today that Omar Mursi went through regular procedures to apply for the internally advertised job, including passing English and computer exams.
He says the president`s son is still being evaluated for the position, which pays 900 Egyptian pounds, roughly USD 133 a month. Abdel-Hadi says after six months, salaries rise to some 1,200 pounds, or USD 180 a month.
The USD 5,000 figure is unheard of for new graduates in Egypt, where the starting salary for a government job can be as low as USD 75.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday