Egypt Prez calls for forming commission to amend constitution
Beijing: Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi called on Wednesday for forming an independent commission to amend the constitution, with the participation of all political forces and parties.
Morsi said so during a televised speech, only days before the planned massive protests against him to be held on June 30 which marks the first anniversary of his rule.
The President has urged the interior minister to form a specialized unit to face the thugs` acts and the criminals who terrorize the citizens.
Ahead of the June 30 protests which seek to oust Morsi and press for an early election, the embattled president said the country`s youths are marginalized and their efforts could be used in the political arena, in forms of parties.
To placate the protesters, mainly the young ones, Morsi assigned all ministers and governors to have deputies younger than 40 years old.
In the Wednesday speech, the president also called for forming a higher commission in charge of national reconciliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video