Egypt proposes Israel-Gaza truce to start on Tuesday
Cairo: Egypt proposed a ceasefire in the conflict between Israel and its Islamist foe Hamas to start at 11:30 AM IST tomorrow and be followed by talks on easing the flow of goods into Gaza.
The proposal late today came on the eve of a scheduled visit by US Secretary of State John Kerry to Egypt, a traditional broker in Palestinian-Israeli conflicts, to push for a halt to seven days of exchanges that have left 184 Gazans dead.
"11:30 AM IST has been set for the beginning of the implementation of truce arrangements between the two sides," the text of the proposal said.
There was no immediate reaction from Israel or Hamas, which have both said they are not yet prepared to accept a ceasefire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video