Egypt proposes Israel-Gaza truce to start on Tuesday
Cairo: Egypt proposed a ceasefire in the conflict between Israel and its Islamist foe Hamas to start at 11:30 AM IST tomorrow and be followed by talks on easing the flow of goods into Gaza.
The proposal late today came on the eve of a scheduled visit by US Secretary of State John Kerry to Egypt, a traditional broker in Palestinian-Israeli conflicts, to push for a halt to seven days of exchanges that have left 184 Gazans dead.
"11:30 AM IST has been set for the beginning of the implementation of truce arrangements between the two sides," the text of the proposal said.
There was no immediate reaction from Israel or Hamas, which have both said they are not yet prepared to accept a ceasefire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air