Egypt protesters rally against Islamist president
Cairo: Several thousand Egyptian protesters are rallying in Cairo to demand the president and his Muslim Brotherhood supporters ensure the country`s constitution represents all factions of society.
The 100-member assembly tasked with writing the new charter is packed with Islamists, many of whom are Brotherhood members.
The rally comes as the Brotherhood`s Freedom and Justice Party is set to elect a new party chief Friday after President Mohammed Morsi resigned the leadership after his June election.
Protesters from a wide range of groups from revolutionaries who helped topple the old regime last year, to supporters of that regime are marching to the capital`s central Tahrir Square.
They also seek an apology for violence last week, when Morsi`s Brotherhood backers clashed with anti-government protesters, leaving more than 100 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest