Egypt road crash kills 17: State TV
Cairo: At least 17 people were killed in Egypt when a bus ploughed into a truck south of Cairo, state television reported.
The accident occurred yesterday near the town of Safaga, 570 kilometres south of Cairo, the report said, adding that 25 other passengers were injured in the crash.
Traffic accidents are common in Egypt, where roads are often poorly maintained and traffic regulations are little enforced.
In March, 24 people were killed in a similar accident when a bus crashed into a truck parked on the side of a road near the Sinai Peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest