Egypt road crash kills 17: State TV
Cairo: At least 17 people were killed in Egypt when a bus ploughed into a truck south of Cairo, state television reported.
The accident occurred yesterday near the town of Safaga, 570 kilometres south of Cairo, the report said, adding that 25 other passengers were injured in the crash.
Traffic accidents are common in Egypt, where roads are often poorly maintained and traffic regulations are little enforced.
In March, 24 people were killed in a similar accident when a bus crashed into a truck parked on the side of a road near the Sinai Peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Talks with Pakistan foreign secretary just 'courtesy': India
- Housing prices rose during Oct-Dec quarter of 2015-16: RBI
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies