Egypt road crash kills 17: State TV
Cairo: At least 17 people were killed in Egypt when a bus ploughed into a truck south of Cairo, state television reported.
The accident occurred yesterday near the town of Safaga, 570 kilometres south of Cairo, the report said, adding that 25 other passengers were injured in the crash.
Traffic accidents are common in Egypt, where roads are often poorly maintained and traffic regulations are little enforced.
In March, 24 people were killed in a similar accident when a bus crashed into a truck parked on the side of a road near the Sinai Peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri