Egypt road crash kills 17: State TV
Cairo: At least 17 people were killed in Egypt when a bus ploughed into a truck south of Cairo, state television reported.
The accident occurred yesterday near the town of Safaga, 570 kilometres south of Cairo, the report said, adding that 25 other passengers were injured in the crash.
Traffic accidents are common in Egypt, where roads are often poorly maintained and traffic regulations are little enforced.
In March, 24 people were killed in a similar accident when a bus crashed into a truck parked on the side of a road near the Sinai Peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions