Egypt ruling party wants Mubarak to re-run for Presidency
Cairo: Egypt`s ruling National Democratic
Party will nominate incumbent Hosni Mubarak to re-run in the
Presidential poll scheduled for next year, a top party leader
NDP Secretary General Safwat el-Sherif has said that
citizens` participation in the elections is the real guarantee
of fairness in the vote and asked all Egyptians to cast ballot
in the forthcoming poll.
El-Sherif said all guarantees of fairness and
transparency will be ensured in the presidential elections.
"The elections will be monitored by the higher
election committee, which is formed of a number of senior
judges," he said, adding, "This committee will set all
regulations for nomination, announce the date for
nomination...and set the conditions for campaigning."
No one will match Mubarak`s leadership, wisdom and
influence, El-Sherif said.
Mubarak is yet to publicly state whether he would run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India