Egypt ruling party wants Mubarak to re-run for Presidency
Cairo: Egypt`s ruling National Democratic
Party will nominate incumbent Hosni Mubarak to re-run in the
Presidential poll scheduled for next year, a top party leader
NDP Secretary General Safwat el-Sherif has said that
citizens` participation in the elections is the real guarantee
of fairness in the vote and asked all Egyptians to cast ballot
in the forthcoming poll.
El-Sherif said all guarantees of fairness and
transparency will be ensured in the presidential elections.
"The elections will be monitored by the higher
election committee, which is formed of a number of senior
judges," he said, adding, "This committee will set all
regulations for nomination, announce the date for
nomination...and set the conditions for campaigning."
No one will match Mubarak`s leadership, wisdom and
influence, El-Sherif said.
Mubarak is yet to publicly state whether he would run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur