Egypt sacks assistant Interior Minister
Cairo: The Egyptian government on Friday sacked assistant interior minister Major General Maged Noah, following a wave of opposition and withdrawal from different sectors of the police security forces in different governorates.
Egyptian Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim fired Noah as his assistant for central security forces, with Major General Ashraf Abdullah replacing him in the post.
Meanwhile, dozens of security personnel gathered Friday before a police station in Giza governorate, demanding the dismissal of the interior minister and drafting of a law protecting policemen against any assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam