Egypt sacks assistant Interior Minister
Cairo: The Egyptian government on Friday sacked assistant interior minister Major General Maged Noah, following a wave of opposition and withdrawal from different sectors of the police security forces in different governorates.
Egyptian Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim fired Noah as his assistant for central security forces, with Major General Ashraf Abdullah replacing him in the post.
Meanwhile, dozens of security personnel gathered Friday before a police station in Giza governorate, demanding the dismissal of the interior minister and drafting of a law protecting policemen against any assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'