Egypt says two Canadians can leave
Toronto: Egypt`s Foreign Ministry says a travel ban has been lifted for two Canadians who were barred from leaving Egypt following several weeks of imprisonment without charge.
The spokesman of Egypt`s Foreign Ministry, Badr Abdel-Atty, said on Thursday the pair has been cleared to leave Egypt. He says prosecutors have ended their interrogation of the Canadians.
John Greyson, a filmmaker and professor, and Tarek Loubani, a physician, had checked in for a flight to Frankfurt, Germany last weekend, but were prevented from boarding after their names appeared on a "stop-list" issued by prosecutors.
The pair had just been released after being held without charges since August 16, when they were arrested while observing a pro-Morsi demonstration in Cairo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened