Egypt says two Canadians can leave
Toronto: Egypt`s Foreign Ministry says a travel ban has been lifted for two Canadians who were barred from leaving Egypt following several weeks of imprisonment without charge.
The spokesman of Egypt`s Foreign Ministry, Badr Abdel-Atty, said on Thursday the pair has been cleared to leave Egypt. He says prosecutors have ended their interrogation of the Canadians.
John Greyson, a filmmaker and professor, and Tarek Loubani, a physician, had checked in for a flight to Frankfurt, Germany last weekend, but were prevented from boarding after their names appeared on a "stop-list" issued by prosecutors.
The pair had just been released after being held without charges since August 16, when they were arrested while observing a pro-Morsi demonstration in Cairo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter